We purchased Hunter equipment to do our tire changing, road-force balancing, and it’s all state of the art equipment. We can handle any size tire no problem, thanks to this equipment. Talk about road force balance on this page. We love serving fleets! Hunter equipment has Youtube channel talking about the importance of road force balannce. Purchase your tires online.
When drivers in the city of Greenwood or Greenwood County, SC, need tire service, other specialty wheel, and alignment services, or general auto repair, Lakelands Tire & Auto is the shop most choose. Both our service consultants and auto mechanics are ASE-Certified and are ready, willing and able to service your car, truck, or SUV. In addition, Lakelands Tire & Auto is certified by the Better Business Bureau and we’re also the only AAA-approved auto repair shop in Greenwood County.
The auto mechanics at Lakelands Tire & Auto are experts in providing the five key aspects of high-quality tire service. These include:
- Tire Inspections —Tires need to be checked on a regular basis for bulges, tears, cuts or punctures from stones, nails, glass, or other road hazards that may have caused tire damage.
- Tire Installation — Performing regular tire maintenance is essential to ensure the safety of your family and to enable a longer lifespan for your vehicle. But like the shoes you wear, tires need to be replaced as they wear out. Count on the staff at Lakelands Tire & Auto to make sure your vehicle gets the right tires for the driving you do.
- Tire Balancing — New tires when first mounted on your vehicle should be balanced to optimize tire tread wear once your vehicle starts rolling. When in use, tires not balanced across the vehicles contact with the road can wear unevenly, depending on road conditions, driving style and other factors. Rebalancing is typically done every 4,000 to 6,000 miles, but rely on our service advisors and auto mechanics to advise you.
- Tire Rotation — Just like a cooking pan doesn’t transfer heat evenly across the surface touching the stovetop, your tires, if left on the wheels they were mounted on will not wear evenly. Just as you might rotate the cooking pan to even out cooking, rotating your tires from one wheel to another prevents premature tread wear, extends the life of your set of four tires, and helps with fuel efficiency, drivability and other vehicle performance issues. Again, trust your specialists at Lakelands Tire & Auto.
- Wheel Alignment — Proper wheel alignment keeps your wheels pointed in the same direction your vehicle is travelling. Contacting curbs, running over rocks and other debris on the road, driving over a pothole and hard sudden stops when the wheels are turned can throw true alignment off. Misalignment is rarely visible, but if not addressed can shorten a tire’s life, and lead to more serious performance or drivability problems.
No one else in Greenwood County can match Lakelands Tire & Auto preparation for tire, wheel, alignment, brake and other related services. For example, we’ve invested in top-of-the-line tire and wheel equipment from Hunter Engineering. This industry-leading equipment is expensive, but top quality. As a specialist in the Greenwood market, we won’t compromise our ability to serve our customers. That’s the cornerstone of the volume of customers we have and why they’re loyal when they need specialty or general auto repair services for their vehicle.
Proper grip, sure-footedness, traction, and value matter. Having the correct tires for your vehicle, timely service over their lifetime and an expert auto repair partner you can count on is fundamental for safe, reliable and affordable mobility. We invite you to consult with us for advice on tire specs for your vehicle. In addition, Lakelands Tire & Auto also provides a new concierge online tire-shopping website app, Tire Connect, which enables customers to input their car’s VIN number, order tires appropriate for their vehicle, and schedule installation with us. In-person or online — that choice is one we all enjoy. And it’s exclusive to Lakelands Tire & Auto: no one else in Greenwood has it!
Here’s what a recent customer shared in his review on our website:
“I visited at least six times this past year for oil changes, tire rotation and brake work. Really liked the free car wash. This crew is the best!” -- Gary F.
If you’re at all in doubt about the condition of your vehicle’s tires or you’re looking a specialist you can trust, please consider Lakelands Tire & Auto. Call us, schedule an appointment online, or visit us at 103 Webb Avenue, Greenwood, SC 29649, Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.