Spring and summer bring the warmer weather, and a lot of families will be planning road trips to enjoy the weather and have some fun during school breaks and vacations. If you’re planning a road trip soon, don’t forget to account for having your vehicle inspected before you hit the road. Many of us forget that our vehicles may not be in the best shape for a long drive, and the best way to protect yourself from unwanted breakdowns and stressful situations is to ensure that your vehicle is ready for the trip.
Before you embark on your road trip, be sure to go over our pre-road trip vehicle checklist to ensure that you’re vehicle stays reliable and dependable on your vacation or bring your vehicle into our shop for a check of the following:
- Check Brakes and Battery - Brakes should be properly working and check that the battery doesn’t have any signs of excessive corrosion. It also doesn’t hurt to have the life of your battery tested.
- Check Tires - Tires should have the correct pressure and should have good tread.
- Check Filters & Fluids - All fluids should be clean and full and filters should be clean as well to ensure all systems work properly and to prevent overheating.
- Check Belts & Hoses - Your local mechanic may have to complete this step. Belts and hose problems can go undetected until they fail completely.
- Check Windshield Wipers and Lights - You never know when you might hit rain and need windshield wipers. All exterior lights need to be in working condition as well to ensure your safety when driving at night.
Don’t forget to plan ahead for your vehicle’s inspection at least a couple weeks beforehand, just in case it turns out that your vehicle requires a repair before you hit the road. The best way to ensure your safety on your upcoming road trip is to verify that your car is in its best possible shape for the drive. The average car owner may not know exactly what to look for when checking vital components, and our experts can help. We will make sure that there are no underlying issues with your vehicle that could potentially cause problems on the road.
For friendly service, don’t hesitate to give us a call today or request an appointment online for your pre road-trip inspection!